The design challenge of the Flashlight Project was to design a flashlight case using SolidWorks and 3D print it. Then, we had to solder the electrical components connecting the LED and the battery, creating a functioning flashlight. The main requirements of the flashlight were to fit all of the components inside and to be functional.
Some of the things that I learned about in the related lectures and demonstrations were how circuits work, how electrical components work together, and how to solder. I also had the opportunity to learn more about the 3D printing program, SolidWorks.
Although my flashlight case didn’t turn out the best, the electrical components inside were soldered carefully, resulting into one successful attempt at making the flashlight functional. Things I struggled with were understanding SolidWorks and fitting the button into the flashlight case. I fixed this problem by sanding down the button hole and gluing the button in using Gorilla Glue. I also needed to reprint the case a couple times due to the struggle to completely understand the program.
Overall, my flashlight was a success. I’m proud of my work and everything I have learned during this process.